Since its original introduction in 1997, the Turf Tiger™ has been in a class by itself. There is no competition. Period.
The Scag Turf Tiger can cover major grass with ground speeds up to 12mph (10.5mph on some models) and large, low-mounted fuel tank. The simple, trouble-free shaft drive cutter deck means minimum maintenance requirements and a wide range of cutting heights. The double tube steel main frame gives the mower incredible strength and durability. Folding ROPS, replaceable front caster extensions, flat free caster tires with tapered roller bearings, and Command Comfort Operator's Station are just a few of the MANY features the Turf Tiger offers.
From the heavy-duty, Tri-Plate Velocity Plus™ cutter decks, to the various high-power, fuel efficient engine options like the fuel injected Kawasaki or Kohler EFI, diesel, propane, or massive 35hp Big Block models, there's a Tiger that will increase your productivity and send your competition running for cover!
Contact your local Scag dealer for a field demonstration today and see for yourself how the Scag Turf Tiger stands in a class by itself, above the competition. Check out our social media page and our testimonials page to see what real Scag customers are saying about their Scag mowers.
This text will be replaced
HEAVY-DUTY DOUBLE TUBE STEEL MAIN FRAME
Ultra-strong and built for long life. Wide mower stance for stability.
VELOCITY PLUS CUTTER DECKS
52", 61" or 72" Velocity Plus decks deliver an amazing quality of cut, and a wide, even discharge.
SCAG CAST IRON SPINDLES
Ultra-tough cast-iron housings, tapered roller bearings, top mounted grease fitting with a relief valve to prevent over greasing.
INDUSTRIAL-GRADE HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
16cc Hydro-Gear hydraulic pumps (cooling fans on select models) with Parker Hydraulic Wheel Motors.
DRIVESHAFT DRIVEN CUTTER DECK
A driveshaft connects the engine to the deck, eliminating the long belt drive and increases cutting height range.
AUXILIARY HYDRAULIC OIL COOLER
Cooler Oil = Longer Component Life = More Value = Less Cost of Ownership
Select Scag models feature hydraulic oil coolers as standard equipment. Oil coolers are utilised on certain models to keep operating temperatures down and add to the hydraulic system life.
All Scag hydraulic drive mowers feature dual "closed-loop" hydraulic systems. The right side and left side are separate hydraulic systems sharing only the oil reservoir and the oil filter. Any oil carrying debris encountered in one "closed-loop" system must pass through the 10 micron oil filter before reaching the other "closed-loop" system. This ensures that any debris in either "closed-loop" system would be captured by the filter, reducing potential damage to the other "closed-loop" system.
Sharing the oil reservoir and filter makes servicing easy as you only need to change one filter and maintain one oil reservoir.
- Increased hydraulic system life
- Lower hydraulic system operating temperatures
- Reduced viscosity breakdown due to heat
- Dual cooler system keeps oil from the left and right side separate
- Oil cooler position allows for maximum airflow and cooling - engine draws air through the cooler for increased performance
- Scag uses oil coolers whenever necessary to keep oil temps at an acceptable level
POWERFUL PTO CLUTCH BRAKE
Ogura GT 3.5 PTO clutch brake offers excellent starting and stopping power for the cutter deck. Adjustable air-gap for long life.
FULL-FEATURED INSTRUMENT PANEL
Instrument panel features: Ignition switch, PTO switch, throttle control, choke control, hour meter (engine temperature gauge on liquid-cooled, check engine light on EFI, glow plug light on diesel models). Ammeter or volt meter on some models.
EASY DECK LEVEL ADJUSTER
Quickly and easily adjust your cutter deck to be perfectly level.
COMMAND-COMFORT OPERATING STATION
Torsion spring suspension seat, Quick-Fit adjustable steering levers, and adjustable deck lift pedal.
Scag Command Comfort Operators Station
The Turf Tiger Command Comfort Operator's Station is built around YOU.
The Command-Comfort Operator's Station* delivers unprecedented levels of adjustability and ergonomics. Available only on the Scag Turf Tiger, this individualised system fights fatigue and provides maximum comfort and convenience during those long hours on the job.
No matter if you're small, medium, or large, your Turf Tiger will feel like it was custom-built for you! Three fully adjustable components combine to offer the highest level of customised comfort available. Learn more about each component below.
Scag Command Comfort Operators Station
The torsion spring suspension seat is standard equipment on the Turf Tiger. It provides incredible operator comfort and in turn, reduces fatigue. A mid-back seat adds support to the upper back. The back cushion angle is also adjustable and has increased lower back and lumbar support. The fully adjustable seat has been designed to handle operators of various weights without sacrificing comfort. A simple dial indicator allows you to customise the comfort level. Adjustable armrests are standard equipment on the suspension seat. The entire seat also moves forward and backwards to accommodate different sizes of operators.
QUICK-FIT CONTROL LEVERS
Fully adjustable Quick-Fit control levers allow each operator to customise the handle position for maximum comfort and control. Move the levers forward, backwards, up or down. Increased operator comfort equals reduced fatigue and increased productivity! Durable, commercial-grade foam padding ensures maximum grip and control.
ADJUSTABLE DECK LIFT FOOT PEDAL
Cutter deck height is adjusted by using the operator's leg strength rather than their upper back and arm strength. A simple foot pedal raises the cutter deck into a self-locking transport position. Once locked in, the operator moves the height adjustment pin and releases the cutter deck from the locking position. The new cutting height is now in effect. All of this is easily done without leaving the operator's position. Three-position adjustable pedal peg allows for individualised ergonomic positioning for operators of all heights (allen wrench required).
*Some promotional or special models may not feature some or all of the items listed above.
POWERFUL AND EFFICIENT ENGINE OPTIONS
Air-cooled, liquid-cooled, EFI and DFI fuel injection, gas, diesel, and propane options.
KOHLER® EFI Engine. Cut more grass. Use less gas.
The Scag Turf Tiger , Cheetah (48" & 52" or 61" & 72"), Tiger Cat and V-Ride are more powerful and efficient than ever before with the KOHLER® EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) engine. Experience tremendous power, productivity, and fuel savings with this winning combination of engine and machine. With its closed-loop injection system, and heavy-duty air filtration system, the EFI engine delivers superior performance, custom made for the most demanding conditions.
This engine offers optimal fuel efficiency, consistent running temperatures, and quiet operation. Easy-to-access service points, a solenoid shift starter, and a 3-year limited warranty* put the finishing touches on this impressive package.
- Closed-loop Electronic Fuel Injection for maximum fuel efficiency
- Aluminium block with cast-iron cylinder liners
- Industrial grade air filtration system ensures maximum protection of interior engine components
- Dual air filters deliver maximum performance. The main filter traps dirt and debris while the inner filter prevents carburettor contamination during main filter servicing.
- Overhead valve design produces more power, improves fuel economy and cooling, and reduces oil consumption.
- Full pressure oil lubrication system with spin-on oil filter.
- Oil-pressurised valve lifters ensure that push rods remain in constant contact with rocker arms, eliminating valve adjustment; keeps valve train nearly maintenance free.
- Various user-friendly features: dual oil drains, easy-access oil fill, in-line fuel filter
- Commercial grade solenoid shift starter means quick, reliable starts.
- Three-year limited engine warranty
FOOT PEDAL DECK LIFT
Easy to lift. Pedal has three positions it can be mounted in to best match operator preference.
REPLACEABLE FRONT CASTER EXTENSIONS
Heavy-duty caster extensions are replaceable in the event of a damaging impact.
HUGE 24" DRIVE TIRES
Roll fast and smooth on 24" rear drive tires. Climb curbs easily.
REAR ACCESS PANEL
Easy, no tools, access to the pump drive and PTO drive systems. Self-adjusting belt systems keep belts perfectly tensioned.
- Up to 12 MPH (most models) or 10.5 MPH (26CH-EFI and 25KA models) forward speeds and 5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum.
- Heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual 16cc Hydro-Gear BDP-16A pumps and Parker wheel motors for reliable, Zero Turn manoeuvrability. Hydro-Gear 16cc hydraulic pumps provide smooth, positive and reliable power to the drive wheels.
- Extra large input bearing, input shaft and internal components add to reliability and performance. Built-in pressure relief valves reduce internal pressure spikes and add to pump life.
- Diesel and larger horsepower gas models (12mph ground speed units) feature a cooling fan mounted directly to each hydraulic pump providing additional cooling for added pump life.
- Auxiliary hydraulic oil coolers keep oil temperatures within a safe operating level and adds to hydraulic system component life.
- Driveshaft driven cutter deck eliminates belt slip and provides increased reliability and longevity compared to a belt drive system.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle easily handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful mower. Three year limited warranty.
- Choose a 52", 61" or 72" Velocity Plus™ cutter deck. Match that with a Kawasaki DFI , Kohler EFI, Briggs Vanguard or Kubota diesel engine.
- Fuel injected engine options: The Kawasaki DFI (digital fuel injection) and the Kohler EFI (electronic fuel injection) are both incredibly powerful and efficient powerhouses. These engines will start easier and are more fuel efficient than carburettor models, reducing overall operating cost.
- Single fuel tank, 8.5 gallon capacity (11 gal. on Kubota diesel) keeps you in the field cutting grass. Fuel tank is positioned low, in the centre of the machine, enhancing the mower's low centre-of-gravity and giving it excellent hillside stability. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long.
- Double tube steel main frame construction delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This design is much stronger than "bolt together" frame designs. The main frame was designed for an ultra-low centre-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
- The Ogura GT3.5 PTO Clutch Brake delivers 250 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. A GT5 model with 350 ft. lbs. of torque is used with the 35hp Briggs Vanguard engines. Adjustable air gap ensures long component life.
- Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on all Turf Tigers (except CH25 propane powered models). This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life. Kohler engines feature removable access panels for easy cleaning of the cooling fins.
- Engine radiator is mounted in front of the engine, as the engine manufacturer intended. Having the radiator positioned behind the seat offers extra protection against impacts and foreign material. Hydraulic oil cooler is also mounted in front of the radiator for maximum airflow and heat dissipation.
- Engine hood on liquid cooled models help protect engine from debris damage.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 6" in 1/4" increments (21 different cutting height settings).
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customise the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Deck levelling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck levelling adjustment.
- Command-Comfort Operator's Station provides unmatched fatigue-fighting comfort. Quick-Fit control levers, torsion spring suspension seat, and 3-position deck lift foot pedal combine to provide unprecedented levels of adjustability and ergonomics.
- Quick-Fit steering control levers with dual steering dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Steering levers are adjustable (without tools) to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing operator comfort.
- Convenient cup holder keeps beverage securely in place and within easy reach.
- Extra large 24 inch drive tires: 61" and 72" inch models; 23 inch tires on 52" model, and up to 13 x 6 - 6 caster wheels ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilised in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, water temperature gauge (liquid-cooled engines only), separate choke and throttle controls. The hour meter is conveniently located at the rear of mower near the engine.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear access panel exposes self adjusting PTO, and hydraulic pump drive belts.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally low centre-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service. 3 year commercial and 5 year residential warranty.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service.
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seat belts for added convenience.
- Digital hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed.
- There are many, time saving, money making accessories for the Turf Tiger like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, spindle driven grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
- Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
Models - Engine and Deck Combinations
|Turf Tiger - Product Dimensions
||52" Turf Tiger
||61" Turf Tiger
||72" Turf Tiger
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute in transport position)
|Height (ROPS up)
|Height (ROPS folded)