The entire Freedom Z line-up of zero turn mowers from SCAG has been designed to help you do one thing and one thing only –
get more free time and enjoy more freedom from lawn care while providing top-quality results at the same time!
Freedom Z 48"
Engineered to offer commercial mowing capabilities at an affordable price point, this zero turn mower takes advantage of the best in American engineering (and American steel) to produce a zero turn lawnmower that’s going to be a workhorse for your lawn care needs for years and years to come.
With a mowing deck that sits at 48 inches wide you will be able to quickly handle large lawns, shaving a tremendous amount of time off your lawn care routine just because of this new oversized mowing deck.
Combine that with the efficiency and high-speed of a zero turn mower – one that’s powered by a Kohler 7000 Series mower (with either 22 hp or 24 hp) – and you’re looking at something really special.
Easy to control, easy to manoeuvre, and designed to be almost infinitely customisable so that every time you sit on the Freedom Z 48 inch mower it feels custom tailored to you – with controls always at your fingertips – it doesn’t get much better than this.
Freedom Z 52"
Commercial landscapers trust the SCAG brand name to help them tackle large properties and estates quickly and efficiently, and you’ll be able to rely on the same technology, the same engineering, and the same high quality construction components when you upgrade to the Freedom Z 52 inch mower.
Offering an oversized mowing deck to make easy work of large lawns and properties, while still offering the dual hydro transaxle zero turn capabilities you’re expecting in a high-quality zero turn lawn mower, the Freedom Z 52 inch mower remains agile and relatively compact even at its size.
Another cool feature on this lawnmower is the ability to readjust your mower deck on-the-fly. Almost instant cutting deck levelling capabilities are made possible through the four-point deck levelling system, making sure that each cut and each pass on your lawnmower is consistent, efficient, and perfectly clean.
You will be amazed at the kind of terrain that you can manoeuvre on a 52-inch deck lawn mower like this, too. The suspension system has been engineered to provide an easy ride over rough and rocky lawns, and though this is one of the larger units the SCAG lawn mower company makes it does not feel heavy, sluggish, or difficult to pilot.
- Up to 13 kph forward and 8 kph reverse speeds deliver maximum productivity. Fast ground speeds will make short work of your residential acreage or commercial property.
- Fully welded and fabricated, unitised steel, commercial grade main frame design is stronger than “bolt together” or stamped frame designs. This frame is built to last.
- 48″ & 52″ (cutting width) cutter decks are constructed with a 10-gauge top with an 11-gauge reinforcement plate around the spindle mounting area for extra support. The cutter deck skirt is 7-gauge for additional strength. This is not a mass produced, stamped steel deck. This is a commercial grade, fully fabricated and welded heavy steel cutter deck.
- Power your Freedom with commercial grade, full pressure lubrication engines. 22 HP or 24 HP Kohler 7000 PRO Series V-Twin engine options.
- Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-2800 transaxles put solid, reliable power to the ground. Integrated transaxle has charge pumps and spin-on oil filters and steel plate oil filter guards to protect filters from damage. 1-year commercial warranty on transaxles; 3-year non-commercial application warranty on transaxles.
- Custom, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the 48″ & 52″ Scag Freedom Z. Fold-up arm rests are standard.
- Ogura G1 PTO clutch brake has lots of torque (74 ft/lbs) for smooth blade engagements and solid holding power in heavy cutting conditions. Adjustable air gap delivers long component life.
- Low-maintenance mower design has few grease points, saving you maintenance time and giving you the freedom to do other things.
- Fixed-position ROPS (Roll Over Protection System) is standard equipment along with retractable seatbelts. ROPS provides additional operator safety.
- Compact mower size enables you to take the Freedom Z into tight places. The Freedom Z also occupies less space in your garage or on the trailer, leaving more room for other tools and toys.
- 29.5 litre fuel capacity gives you the freedom to cut vast amounts of grass without having to stop and refuel. The fuel tank features an extra large filler neck for easy refuelling.
- Large drive and caster tyres ensure solid traction and a smooth ride. -Front caster tyres: 11 x 6 – 5 -Drive tyres: 20 x 10 – 10
- Extra large foot plate for improved operator comfort and easier mounting and dismounting of the mower. The pierced, extruded metal tread ensures solid footing.
- Easily adjust cutting heights while seated via. Wide range of adjustment from 1″ to 4-1/2″ in 1/4″ increments.
- Foot pedal deck lift features a large knurled peg for “no slip” deck lifting. Spring-assisted design makes lifting the cutter deck easy and smooth.
- The Scag “Simply the Best” warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of worry-free service. The Freedom Z carries a commercial warranty as well as a residential warranty. 3 year commercial and 5 year residential warranty.
- Spring-loaded, self-adjusting idler arms effortlessly keep all belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and no maintenance.
- All steel pulleys are stronger than plastic pulley designs. This is a Scag….you will not find plastic pulleys on the Freedom Z. Steel dust and debris covers are fitted over idler pulley bearings and spindles to keep foreign material out, extending bearing life.
- Comfortable, adjustable (with tool), fully cushioned seat with padded arm rests. Retractable seat belts are standard equipment.
- Padded steering control levers with ultra-smooth dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Levers are adjustable.
- Steering dampers are designed and positioned for smooth steering lever operation and minimal control effort.
- 4-corner cutter deck adjustment mechanisms allow for easy deck levelling and pitch adjustment to deliver a smooth, even cut.
- Heavy-duty, no maintenance blade drive spindles provide reliable performance day in and day out, aluminium housings and sealed ball bearings.
- Interlocked parking brake system prevents movement when parked on inclines. The mower cannot be driven when the brake is applied. This prevents premature brake wear.
- Operator friendly instrument panel is conveniently located just to the left of the operator. It includes an ignition switch, mower engagement switch, and separate choke and throttle controls.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Cup holder and storage bin are moulded into the fuel tank to provide added operator convenience and comfort.
- Hydraulic oil reservoir and maintenance-free battery are enclosed within the left side tank moulding to prevent external damage and to provide a sleek, clean appearance.
- Engine oil drain makes oil changes easy.
- High-quality electrical components such as switches and tightly woven, custom wiring harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for dependability and long life.
- Digital hour meter located within easy sight of the operator while in the operating position.
- Productive, time saving accessories like a grass collection system and high-powered halogen lights are available for the Freedom Z.
DEEP, FABRICATED AND WELDED CUTTER DECKS
Heavy-duty design and construction. Deep design handles lots of grass at higher speeds. Excellent quality-of-cut.
EASY CUTTER DECK LEVELING
In the event the deck becomes uneven, it is an easy fix with four-point deck levelling.
EASY FOOT PEDAL DECK LIFT
Foot pedal cutter deck lift is spring-assisted and makes raising the cutter deck smooth and easy.
POWERFUL ENGINE OPTIONS
22hp or 24hp Kohler 7000 Series engines with Pro Performance Filtration provide smooth, reliable power.
FULL-FEATURED INSTRUMENT PANEL
Instrument panel features: Ignition switch, PTO switch, throttle control, choke control, hour meter.
CONTOURED, BOLSTERED HIGH-BACK SEAT
Ultra-comfortable and adjustable (with tools). Contoured for improved comfort and features armrests.
NO MAINTENANCE SEALED DRIVE SPINDLE
The Freedom Z blade drive spindle housing is cast aluminium and features a 1/2″ thick mounting flange for impact strength. Each spindle is a sealed unit, requiring no maintenance. The 1″ diameter steel blade shaft rides on extra large, press fit, sealed ball bearings.
INDEPENDENT HYDRAULIC TRANSMISSIONS
Hydro-Gear ZT2800 hydro transaxles deliver smooth drive power while spin-on oil filters provide easy maintenance.
HYBRID CUTTER DECK
Hybrid Cutter Deck. Fully fabricated (not stamped), commercial grade, steel cutter deck with reinforcements for added durability.
|Freedom Z - Product Specifications
||48" Freedom Z
||52" Freedom Z
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute up)