True Commercial-Grade. Incredible Value.
This impressive zero-turn rider is designed with the needs of lawn care pros in mind. Delivering commercial-grade results at an incredible value, the Patriot will exceed your expectations and have your “competition” talking. The Patriot is equipped with a productive 52” or 61” cutter deck to leave behind a beautiful quality-of-cut. Its strong hydro drive system brings the power and keeps you moving at ground speeds of up to 10 mph (SPZ61), while large front caster tires and extra-large drive tires provide dependable traction, stability and a smooth ride.
A new ultra-plush bolstered seat, large diameter steering handles, and rubber iso-mounted foot plate give the operator a comfortable ride. The Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 (61”) or ZT-3100 (52”) hydro transaxles deliver smooth drive power and have spin-on oil filters for easy maintenance. Two independent hydraulic transaxle units with charge pumps and all metal gears. A dual purpose foot pedal brake is standard equipment and makes parking easier than ever before.
The Patriot 52" and 61" will handle your toughest commercial jobs and large estate properties with ease and comfort. All of that and it leaves behind a beautiful quality-of-cut your competition and neighbors will be jealous of. We invite you to learn more about the outstanding features of the Patriot and how it can save you time while delivering professional results.
Contact your local Scag dealer today and see for yourself how the Scag Patriot stands in a class by itself, above the competition. Check out our social media page and our testimonials page to see what real Scag customers are saying about their Scag mowers.
This text will be replaced
- Match a 52" or 61" cutter deck with a Kawasaki FX Series V-Twin engine with canister air filter is the exclusive engine of the Scag Patriot.
- 10 MPH (SPZ61) or 8.5 MPH (SPZ52) forward and 5 MPH in reverse ground speeds for more productivity.
- 52" or 61" fully fabricated cutter decks are tough and deliver the beautiful cut that Scag mowers are known for.
- Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 (61”) or ZT-3100 (52”) hydro transaxles with all metal gears and spin-on oil filters.The ZT drive systems deliver smooth and solid power to the drive wheels. Large cooling fans keep temperatures low and extend component life.
- 6.5 gallon fuel capacity (single tank) lets you cut longer between fill-ups. Built-in fuel gauge.
- Heavy-duty, aluminum, sealed ball bearing blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season.
- Tubular steel main frame delivers unmatched strength and longevity.
- Open, easily accessible engine compartment makes maintenance easy and provides ample cooling for the V-twin engine. Engine oil drain and air filter are within easy reach.
- Extra-large drive tires (22” on SPZ52; 23” on SPZ61) and front caster tires (13 x 5 - 6 on SPZ52; 13 x 6.5 on SPZ61) ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Full-featured instrument panel features ignition switch, throttle control. choke control, PTO deck engagement switch and a digital hour meter with built-in maintenance reminders. Hour meter only activates when the engine is running to accurately record engine time.
- The Ogura PTO Clutch Brake delivers reliable blade start and stops. Adjustable air gap ensures long component life and reduced maintenance costs. Other clutches do not have adjustable air-gaps and once they are out of adjustment, they must be replaced.
- Custom, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the 52" & 61" Scag Patriot. Fold-up arm rests are standard.
- Foot operated brake with park lock feature allows the operator to apply the brake without taking their hands off the steering levers. A simple lock lever can be engaged with the foot pedal depressed to keep the brake on.
- Ausco disc brakes feature a rotor and caliper style design for maximum holding power.
- Large diameter, padded steering levers make driving the Patriot a breeze. Total control, at your fingertips.
- Marbain steel cutter blades stay sharp longer for a better looking cut and reduced maintenance.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1-1/2" to 5 " in 1/4" increments.
- Dual steering dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness.
- Cup holder keeps beverage within easy reach and is standard equipment.
- Deck leveling adjustment brackets allow for easy deck leveling adjustment.
- Highly flexible discharge chute will not dent and is easy on the landscape.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of service. 2-year Commercial or 3-years or 500 hours (whichever comes first) Non-Commercial warranty.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service.
- There are many, time saving, accessories for the Patriot like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, 2-bag fabric grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
- Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
CONTOURED, BOLSTERED MID-BACK SEAT
Ultra-comfortable and adjustable. Contoured for improved comfort and features armrests.
POWERFUL ENGINE OPTIONS
Powerful 22hp or 23hp Kawasaki FX Series engines available with heavy-duty canister air cleaner system.
KAWASAKI FX SERIES V-TWIN ENGINES
Commercial Grade Power
Kawasaki FX Series are compact, 90-degree V-Twin engines which feature hemispherical combustion chambers and overhead V-Valve technology that helps ensure low emissions, high power and smooth operation.
Other features include twin-barrel internally vented carburetors with fuel shut-off solenoid, large capacity fuel pump, high efficiency oil cooler, solenoid-shift electric starter and a heavy-duty dual stage canister air filter.
- Overhead v-valve, 90 degree V-twin design
- High performance lubrication system
- Electronic spark ignition
- Automatic compression release
- Twin barrel, internally vented carburetor with fuel shut-off solenoid
- High efficiency oil cooler (FX801 and FX850 only)
- Rotating grass screen with metal guard
- Heavy-duty, dual stage canister air filter
- Solenoid-shift electric starter
- Cast iron cylinder liners
- Spin-on oil filter
* Note: Engine specifications based upon manufacturer supplied information. All specifications subject to change at anytime without notice or obligation. Engine specifications may vary by model.
DEEP, FABRICATED AND WELDED CUTTER DECKS
Heavy-duty design and construction. Deep design handles lots of grass at higher speeds. Excellent quality-of-cut.
POWERFUL PTO CLUTCH BRAKE
Ogura GT 2 PTO clutch brake offers excellent starting and stopping power for the cutter deck. Adjustable air-gap for long life.
SCAG PTO CLUTCH BRAKES
Scag PTO Clutch Brake
Scag utilizes only ultra high quality Ogura PTO clutch brakes for smooth blade engagements and fast blade stops.
Other manufacturers opt for less expensive, smaller capacity, non-adjustable, "disposable" clutches. Not Scag. Scag PTO clutch brakes are manufactured by Ogura, the world's best manufacturer of electromagnetic clutches.
All Ogura clutches feature an adjustable air-gap. What does that mean to you? It means that when most clutches are worn out and must be replaced at a significant cost to YOU, the Ogura clutch can be easily adjusted to bring it back into specification (your Scag dealer can perform this adjustment).
These clutches also feature industry leading torque values (the holding power that links the engine to the cutter deck drive system) to ensure solid drive to the cutter deck and no slipping in heavy conditions.
OGURA CLUTCH FEATURES:
- Solid forged rotor - A one piece solid forged rotor means no chance of internal parts separation. The rotors also have an even wall thickness around the coil which gives optimum flux distribution, maximizing torque.
- High temperature, long life grease - All models include our special long life grease which has shown a significant improvement in life over other standard high temp greases.
- Adjustable air-gap - When the rotor and armature have worn away, a simple adjustment can be made to bring the clutch back into specification.
- High temperature epoxy coil - To help prevent failure from both vibration and outside contaminants, all coils are sealed in the coil shell with a high temperature epoxy coating.
- Forged machined pulley - All models use a heavy duty machined pulley. A stronger pulley resists damage due to abusive environments and will last longer than stamped designs.
ALL STEEL, EXTRA-WIDE, RUBBER ISO-MOUNTED FOOT PLATE
Heavy-duty construction. Rubber iso-mounts absorb vibrations. Extruded holes for traction and to allow debris to fall away. Wide platform for easy on and off.
FULL-FEATURED INSTRUMENT PANEL
Instrument panel features: Ignition switch, PTO switch, throttle control, choke control, hour meter.
FOOT PEDAL PARKING BRAKE
Allows the parking brake to be engaged without taking your hands off of the steering controls.
EXTRA LARGE DRIVE TIRES
23" drive tires on 61" models, 22" drive tires on 52" models. Superior traction and smooth ride.
EASY CUTTER DECK LEVELING
In the event the deck becomes uneven, it's an easy fix with four-point deck leveling.
Models - Engine and Deck Combinations
||52" Cutter Deck, 22hp Kawasaki FX691 air-cooled engine
||61" Cutter Deck, 23hp Kawasaki FX730 air-cooled engine
|Scag Patriot - Product Dimensions
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute in transport position)
PATRIOT (SPZ) RIDING MOWERS - OPERATOR'S MANUALS
In order to download the correct operator's manual, you must have the complete model and serial number of your mower. A parts list is included at the rear of each manual and is also available for download separately.
M2400001 to M2599999 serial number range
Download Parts List