Are you tired of buying junk mowers that constantly need to be replaced or repaired? Would you rather spend your money on a quality, American made product that will perform and last like it should? If you answered yes to those questions
Reclaim Your Weekend!
Are you tired of buying junk mowers that constantly need to be replaced or repaired? Would you rather spend your money on a quality, American made product that will perform and last like it should? If you answered yes to those questions, you have found the right mower brand, Scag.
Give yourself the freedom to spend more time doing the things you really want to be doing like camping, fishing, spending time with your family and friends....the list goes on.
The Freedom Z ® is designed for commercial and large estate use. We invite you to learn more about the outstanding, commercial grade features of the Freedom Z and how it can save you time while delivering professional results.
Contact your local Scag dealer today and see for yourself how the Scag Freedom Z stands in a class by itself, above the competition. Check out our social media page and our testimonials page to see what real Scag customers are saying about their Scag mowers.
This text will be replaced
- Up to 8 MPH forward and 5 MPH reverse speeds deliver maximum productivity. Fast ground speeds will make short work of your residential acreage or commercial property.
- Fully welded and fabricated, unitized steel, commercial grade main frame design is stronger than "bolt together" or stamped frame designs. This frame is built to last.
- 48" & 52"(cutting width) cutter decks are constructed with a 10-gauge top with an 11-gauge reinforcement plate around the spindle mounting area for extra support. The cutter deck skirt is 7-gauge for additional strength. This is not a mass produced, stamped steel deck. This is a commercial grade, fully fabricated and welded heavy steel cutter deck.
- Power your Freedom with commercial grade, full pressure lubrication engines. 22 HP or 24 HP Kohler 7000 PRO Series V-Twin engine options. Click here for a complete list of engine and cutter deck combinations.
- Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-2800 transaxles put solid, reliable power to the ground. Integrated transaxle has charge pumps and spin-on oil filters and steel plate oil filter guards to protect filters from damage. 1-year commercial warranty on transaxles; 3-year non-commercial application warranty on transaxles.
- Custom, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the 48" & 52" Scag Freedom Z. Fold-up arm rests are standard.
- Ogura G1 PTO clutch brake has lots of torque (74 ft/lbs) for smooth blade engagements and solid holding power in heavy cutting conditions. Adjustable air gap delivers long component life.
- Low-maintenance mower design has few grease points, saving you maintenance time and giving you the freedom to do other things.
- Fixed-position ROPS (Roll Over Protection System) is standard equipment along with retractable seatbelts. ROPS provides additional operator safety.
- Compact mower size enables you to take the Freedom Z into tight places. The Freedom Z also occupies less space in your garage or on the trailer, leaving more room for other tools and toys.
- 6.5 gallon fuel capacity gives you the freedom to cut vast amounts of grass without having to stop and refuel. The fuel tank features an extra large filler neck for easy refueling.
- Large drive and caster tires ensure solid traction and a smooth ride.
- -Front caster tires: 11 x 5 - 5, 4-ply
- -Drive tires: 20 x 10 - 8, 2-ply
- Extra large foot plate for improved operator comfort and easier mounting and dismounting of the mower. The pierced, extruded metal tread ensures solid footing.
- Easily adjust cutting heights while seated via. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 4-1/2" in 1/4" increments.
- Foot pedal deck lift features a large knurled peg for "no slip" deck lifting. Spring-assisted design makes lifting the cutter deck easy and smooth.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of worry-free service. Unlike other mowers in its price range, the Freedom Z carries a commercial warranty as well as an estate owner / home owner warranty.
- Spring-loaded, self-adjusting idler arms effortlessly keep all belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and no maintenance.
- All steel pulleys are stronger than plastic pulley designs. This is a Scag....you will not find plastic pulleys on the Freedom Z. Steel dust and debris covers are fitted over idler pulley bearings and spindles to keep foreign material out, extending bearing life.
- Comfortable, adjustable (with tool), fully cushioned seat with padded arm rests. Retractable seat belts are standard equipment.
- Padded steering control levers with ultra-smooth dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Levers are adjustable.
- Steering dampers are designed and positioned for smooth steering lever operation and minimal control effort.
- 4-corner cutter deck adjustment mechanisms allow for easy deck leveling and pitch adjustment to deliver a smooth, even cut.
- Heavy-duty, no maintenance blade drive spindles provide reliable performance day in and day out; aluminum housings and sealed ball bearings.
- Interlocked parking brake system prevents movement when parked on inclines. The mower cannot be driven when the brake is applied. This prevents premature brake wear.
- Operator friendly instrument panel is conveniently located just to the left of the operator. It includes an ignition switch, mower engagement switch, and separate choke and throttle controls.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Cup holder and storage bin are molded into the fuel tank to provide added operator convenience and comfort.
- Hydraulic oil reservoir and maintenance-free battery are enclosed within the left side tank molding to prevent external damage and to provide a sleek, clean appearance.
- Engine oil drain makes oil changes easy.
- High-quality electrical components such as switches and tightly woven, custom wiring harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for dependability and long life.
- Digital hour meter only activates when engine is running and is located within easy sight of the operator while in the operating position.
- Productive, time saving accessories like a grass collection system and high-powered halogen lights are available for the Freedom Z.
CONTOURED, BOLSTERED HIGH-BACK SEAT
Ultra-comfortable and adjustable (with tools). Contoured for improved comfort and features armrests.
KOHLER® 7000 SERIES PRO ENGINE
Scag Liberty Z
KOHLER® 7000 Series PRO Engine. More Power to Cut More Grass.
The Scag Freedom Z and Liberty Z are more powerful than ever before with the KOHLER® 7000 Series PRO engine. Experience tremendous power, productivity, and added features with this winning combination of engine and machine. The 7000 Series has BIG displacement (725cc) for BIG horsepower (22hp or 24hp) and torque (40.5 ft. lbs peak) to get the grass cut fast and efficiently. The PRO Series features a larger air filter, larger oil filter and a larger fuel filter.
- Engineered and assembled in the USA
- PRO model features larger air filter, larger oil filter and larger fuel filter
- Aluminum block with cast-iron cylinder liners
- Industrial grade air filtration system ensures maximum protection of interior engine components
- High-torque inertia drive starter with extra-large output for quick, reliable starting.
- Consistent-Cut™ technology provides more consistent power to your deck, helping you get the perfect cut
- Overhead valve design produces more power, improves fuel economy and cooling, and reduces oil consumption
- Full pressure oil lubrication system with spin-on oil filter
- Dual-seal air filter keeps debris out of the engine
- Easy-access air filter allows for quick inspection and maintenance
- Highlighted service points on the same side of the engine for more convenient servicing
* Note: Engine specifications based upon manufacturer supplied information. All specifications subject to change at anytime without notice or obligation. Engine specifications may vary by model.
EASY FOOT PEDAL DECK LIFT
Foot pedal cutter deck lift is spring-assisted and makes raising the cutter deck smooth and easy.
DEEP, FABRICATED AND WELDED CUTTER DECKS
Heavy-duty design and construction. Deep design handles lots of grass at higher speeds. Excellent quality-of-cut.
INDEPENDENT HYDRAULIC TRANSMISSIONS
Hydro-Gear ZT2800 hydro transaxles deliver smooth drive power while spin-on oil filters provide easy maintenance.
FULL-FEATURED INSTRUMENT PANEL
Instrument panel features: Ignition switch, PTO switch, throttle control, choke control, hour meter.
NO MAINTENANCE SEALED DRIVE SPINDLE
The Freedom Z blade drive spindle housing is cast aluminum and features a 1/2" thick mounting flange for impact strength. Each spindle is a sealed unit, requiring no maintenance. The 1" diameter steel blade shaft rides on extra large, press fit, sealed ball bearings.
HYBRID CUTTER DECK
Hybrid Cutter Deck. Fully fabricated (not stamped), commercial grade, steel cutter deck with reinforcements for added durability.
EASY CUTTER DECK LEVELING
In the event the deck becomes uneven, it's an easy fix with four-point deck leveling.
Models - Engine and Deck Combinations
|Scag Freedom Z - Product Dimensions
||48" Freedom Z
||52" Freedom Z
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute in transport position)
DOWNLOAD USER MANUAL